The ending is Coai

Freak of Nature - Julia Crane So this book sounds alright but there are just parts to the blurb that have me going wtf-

She awakens one day in a secret laboratory to discover that her body is now half-robot and is forced to hide her own secret: that she still has human emotions and a human mind. If the scientists who made her find out, they’ll erase what remains of who she was.

I'm not a science whiz but isn't one of the goals towards robot technology is to create a robot that is able to have emotions and a mind? So shouldn't scientists be ecstatic about the fact that Kaitlyn is able to feel and study her more (even if she's going to be a slave robot, scientists would still be interested in studying her) instead of 'erase what remains of who she was'?

And she's a half robot, emphasis on the half. I think it wouldn't be that shocking if she still has her emotions and mind since she is still half human!

Kaitlyn finds an unlikely ally in Lucas, a handsome, brilliant scientist who can’t get over the guilt he feels knowing she was once a vibrant, beautiful young woman.

So obviously this guy is the love interest, so he has to feel sorry for her because then that would lead to them interacting and ultimately fall in lurrve.
The part that I highlighted (in bold) makes it sound as if Lucas think robots are a bad thing and I suppose altering humans to robots probably is, but as a scientist, I think it would be very unlikely for him to feel that way because first of all Kaitlyn allowed her body to be donated to science, so it's not as if a bunch of scientists forced it upon her will. And second of all, Lucas feeling guilty knowing she was once a beautiful young woman?
description

I'm pretty sure they didn't alter Kaitlyn's face so that she'll look like Wall.E and Kaitlyn will probably still be flawless and beautiful so why are you sorry? And I don't think scientists would consider robots/cyborgs to be a bad and tragic thing. Because why the hell would they create them then?

So book, when I read you you better prove me wrong.

Or you can: