The ending is Coai

The Scourge (The Scourge, #1) - A.G. Henley Actual rating 2.75

This book was a pleasant surprise, even though it's not 5 star awesome-ness, it kept me reading and didn't have me hurling my laptop across the room.

The concept of the story was interesting but had me a little confused at times (in terms of timeline and period it was in)and I liked the little stories told by Peree, it reminded me of the Aborigine's dream time stories (very folk-like and creative) which I really love. I however didn't really give a shite about the Scourge, like were they supposed to make me shit my pants?

description

The main character Fenn is a sightless girl (one of the reasons why I was so interested in this book) and she was a major let down because she didn't sound very much different from your typical YA heroine (not that she was wimpy or anything); I mean she's sightless, so she must have a much different outlook on things and the way she perceive people, yet sometimes I felt like she had eyes that could see and could describe some things really and I mean really well.

The other characters weren't that interesting to me and the romance was pretty decent (again, could've been developed more) though that twist at the end was kinda like whoa, you went there for real but then they didn't make a big deal about it so I was like 'eh'.

One thing I should note is that this book has a pretty slow pace, there is not much action and drags on a bit (the climax was also pretty underwhelming), but it's overall alright, so if you are terribly bored, check this out, I don't think you would feel too murderous with this one.

Thanks to Netgalley for sending me a copy of this in exchange for an honest review.

Jane Eyre